You will be able to run your business more efficiently if you follow the rules offered by ISO 55001:2014, which provides clear guidance on how to build an asset management system that incorporates both long-term strategy and day-to-day operations.
Businesses that properly manage their assets to achieve the desired level of operational performance and profitability are more likely to succeed. ISO 55001 Certification provides the framework for an asset management system that assists organizations in proactively managing the lifecycle of assets from acquisition through decommissioning. You can simply control the risks and expenses connected with assets by using an asset management system, as well as maintain a favorable balance between the input invested in assets and the output obtained for your firm. Furthermore, you may maintain a favorable balance between the investment in assets and the production obtained for your firm.
If your firm has several assets that must be managed, you are surely aware that a successful strategy for managing those assets—whether they are financial, physical, or organizational—should result in enhanced operational performance.
What Is The ISO 55001 Standard All About?
ISO 55001’s goal is to draw attention toward aiding organizations in developing proactive lifecycle asset management systems. This enables for asset optimization and a decrease in the total cost of ownership, all while supporting you in fulfilling important performance and safety criteria.
Adhering to the standards of ISO 55001, a globally recognized standard, will help you build an integrated management system for asset management.
What Precisely Does The ISO 55001 Standard Cover?
Both the public and commercial sectors are obligated to apply ISO 55001 to secure their assets, whether those assets are physical, financial, human, or intangible. It applies to all types of organizations, large or small, and may be applied in any economic sector.
What Are The Benefits Of Obtaining ISO 55001 Certification?
An asset management system, which provides a standardized framework for doing so, may help you manage the lifetime of all of your organization’s assets systematically and efficiently. The following are some of the benefits of using Asset management systems ISO55001 at your place of business.
- Realizing the full value of an organization’s assets by implementing a proactive life-cycle asset management system.
- Reduces the risks associated with asset ownership, such as the chance of incurring unnecessary maintenance costs and running inefficiently, as well as the necessity to guard against the development of any unpredictability in the workplace. Accident prevention, for example.
- Better quality assurance for customers and regulators, particularly where assets play a significant role in the supply of products and services and the quality of those offers.
- The purchase of a new business instills faith in the company’s stakeholders since a strategy has been established to ensure that the assets meet the essential requirements of both safety and performance.
- Aids in the Development of International Business – It contributes to demonstrating that the requirements of an internationally recognized asset management system are properly implemented and managed, which is critical for the growth of international firms.
If you need more information on any of our management systems, including those accredited to ISO 9001 for quality, ISO 45001 for occupational health and safety, and ISO 14001 for environmental management, please contacts us at bestpractice.biz if you are interested in Information Security Management Systems, Internal Auditing, or any of the other professional services that we provide.